Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another of my friend Mim's recipes, it originally came from Aust. Womans Day magazine. Sponge fingers could be used instead of sponge cake if they are already in the pantry.
- 2 sponge cakes, layers
- 300 ml cream, thickened
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup irish cream
- 80 g white chocolate, grated
- 80 g milk chocolate, grated
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Cut each sponge cake into small squares.
- Whip cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Place mascarpone in a large bowl and fold cream lightly through mascarpone until well combined.
- Line the base of 4-6 serving dishes (or a shallow 1 ltr serving dish) with half the sponge; drizzle with half the Irish cream and spread the mascarpone mixture over sponge.
- Sprinkle with half the combined white and milk chocolate and half the mixed berries.
- Repeat layers, cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve sprinkle trifle with any remaining berries and chocolate curls; accompany with cream if desired.
Very easy to make and was delish