- 2 sponge cakes, layers
- 300 ml cream, thickened
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup irish cream
- 80 g white chocolate, grated
- 80 g milk chocolate, grated
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each sponge cake into small squares.
- Whip cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form.
- Place mascarpone in a large bowl and fold cream lightly through mascarpone until well combined.
- Line the base of 4-6 serving dishes (or a shallow 1 ltr serving dish) with half the sponge; drizzle with half the Irish cream and spread the mascarpone mixture over sponge.
- Sprinkle with half the combined white and milk chocolate and half the mixed berries.
- Repeat layers, cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve sprinkle trifle with any remaining berries and chocolate curls; accompany with cream if desired.