Recipe by Tisme
A fantastic custard to serve with fresh fruits. If you love white chocolate this is a custard for you! Yum! I think this recipe would work just a nicely with milk or dark chocolate also.
- 100 g white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Combine milk and cream in a medium saucepan and stir.
- over a medium heat until hot but do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth and thick and whisk hot milk mixture, into egg yolk mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan and whisk constantly, over a low heat for about four minutes, or until custard thickens.
- Pour custard over the chopped chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Custard can be seved warm or cold.