Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe is from Saveur.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- Place cream cheese and vanilla seeds in a large bowl, and beat on medium-high speed of a hand mixer until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Add cream, and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes more; set aside. Place salt and egg whites in another bowl, and beat on medium-high speed of a hand mixer until soft peaks form; while beating, slowly add sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Place white chocolate in a medium bowl over a 4-qt. saucepan of simmering water, and cook, stirring constantly, until just melted; remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes. Pour white chocolate into cream cheese mixture, and fold with a rubber spatula until almost combined; add beaten egg whites, and fold gently until just combined. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 3/4-inch tip, and pipe into serving glasses; refrigerate until set before serving, at least 2 hours.