This is an ivory colored buttercream with a slight tang. I like to fill carrot cakes with it, but it's good enough for any yellow cake as well. From Rose Levy's "The Cake Bible". One batch should be enough to fill one 9-inch cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt in a double boiler over 160°F water.
- 2Don't allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- 3Stir the chocolate until smooth, 10 minutes or so.
- 4•OR you can melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, remove before fully melted and finish with residual heat.
- 5Allow chocolate to cool.
- 6In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with a flat beater until smooth and creamy, gradually beat in the cooled chocolate until smooth.
- 7Beat in the butter, vanilla and optional lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g