Recipe by BFit4U
This is super simple and the cookies make great gifts and they look "homeade." You can use any nut, any dried fruit and any chocolate. Options endless :-)For Christmas I sprinkle green sugar crystals over the melted white chocolate
Top Review by e_philp
Delicious! I made these as part of my Christmas cookies and these were the best of a very tasty group. So easy! I did find the dough a little bit challenging to work with when rolling into a ball, but every other step went so smoothly. I love the hazelnut, cranberry, white chocolate combo. Truly an exceptional cookie!
- 16 1⁄2 ounces Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Let dough come to room temp and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten dough out into a "rectangle" with your hands.
- Pour the dried cranberries and hazelnuts over dough.
- Combine the dough into a ball mixing the dried cranberries and hazelnuts into the dough evenly.
- Once evenly combined make the dough back into a log.
- Take a sheet of wax paper and place log onto it.
- Roll dough up in the wax paper making the log about the same size as the orignal one you bought and then tighten the ends closed.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut approximately 16 slices and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Cook for 13-15 minutes, or until cookie are a light golden brown all over.
- Cool cookies on rack.
- While cookies cool melt the white chocolate chips in microwave safe dish on 50% power for 90 seconds. Take dish out and stir. Place back in microwave on 50% power for 1 more minute. Take out and stir.
- Dip cookies in the melted white chocolate covering only 1/2 the cookie. Place on wax paper to dry.