Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe online and it looks like a tasty way to use up those candy canes! Update 12/18/06 - I made this to serve at a cookie exchange and made the crust with chocolate graham cracker crumbs. Everyone said that the recipe is a "keeper". Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 white chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candy cane
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minute.
- BEAT cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and the extract; pour over crust.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minute or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with the whipped topping and chopped candy canes just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.