1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A more sophisticated version of Bread pudding due to the cherries, this is a great way to use white chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread (can use any dense egg bread)
- 7 ounces fine-quality white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (can use sweet wine but that will of course change the taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1Butter an 8-inch square glass baking dish; cut or tear enough of the bread to equal six cups; chop chocolate into coarse pieces.
- 2In a small heavy saucepan bring 1 cup cream just to a boil and add chocolate.
- 3Remove pan from heat and let mixture stand covered & undisturbed.
- 4In another small heavy saucepan bring milk and remaining cup cream to a gentle simmer; in a bowl with an electric mixer beat together whole eggs, yolks, sugar, and a pinch salt on medium speed 5 minutes.
- 5With mixer running add milk mixture in a slow stream, beating until combined well.
- 6Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth & add with vanilla to egg mixture; beat mixture until combined well.
- 7Pour cream mixture over bread cubes and with a spoon push bread down into mixture to coat evenly.
- 8Chill pudding, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F; pour bread mixture into baking dish.
- 10Put baking dish in a large baking pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach 1/2 the way up sides of dish.
- 11Bake pudding in middle of oven 45 to 50 minutes or until set and springy to the touch.
- 12Transfer pudding to a rack and cool for thirty minutes (pudding is also good chilled).
- 13Poach cherries while pudding is baking;.
- 14in a saucepan bring wine, water and sugar to a boil stirring until sugar is dissolved; add cherries and remove pan from heat; let mixture stand for one hour;drain cherries in a sieve and discard liquid.
- 15Serve pudding with cherries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Bread Pudding W/ Poached Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.3
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 328.0 mg
- Sodium 117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: