healthy, low-fat muffins with some white chocolate chips for sweetness. super easy to make!
Make and share this White Chocolate Apple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1. Place oven rack on second row. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- 3. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- 4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing as you add. The batter might look a little lumpy, but that is normal.
- 5. After the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined, add the chopped apples, walnuts and white chocolate chips. Mix the together until there are apples, walnuts & chips throughout the batter.
- 6. Grease large-sized muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (grease 2 pans for smaller sized muffins). Divide batter evenly through the tin for 6 large muffins. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip over on to cooling rack, they should slide out easily. Enjoy them warm or cool!