Moist and Low Fat Carrot-Raisin-Apple-Muffins
photo by um-um-good
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray or grease the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, stir flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, stir beaten eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla together.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add carrots, apple, raisins, and nuts.
- Spoon batter into tins and bake for about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews