Recipe by Tisme
This is so easy and soooo yummy, especially if you love white chocolate and passionfruit. I use white chocolate instead of buttons. The Mousse can be made a day ahead if needed.
Top Review by mummamills
totally and utterly decadent:) I had 4 testers, and they were all 5 stars explodes in your mouth, so good. I used good white chocolate, but I have to admit that I think it would be just as good with cheap stuff, cause the passionfruit shines!!! I would suggest that you put it in the glasses your gonna serve it in., cause it doesnt look that great when you start scooping it out of a big bowl.... as in "taste this" hahahah 5 stars all the way. definately a keeper for me, as people give me the odd passionfruit :)
- 375 g white chocolate, buttons
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 3 egg whites
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 2 passion fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Process chocolate in a food processor and blend until grated. Add gelatine in the final few seconds of processing.
- Heat cream until just about to boil. Pour into processor whilst it is running. Chocolate should melt and become very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Add lemon juice and pulp of passionfruit.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks firm and gently fold throught the chocolate mixture. Spoon into 6 mousse glasses or wine glasses.
- Set in the frige for approx 2 hours or more. Garnish with fresh fruit and some mint leaves.