Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my favorite coffee cake recipes. I love white chocolate and almonds! Try it if you are tired of the normal cinnamon cakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces ghirardelli white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, butter on low until fluffy.
- Add the almond extract, baking powder, baking soda, flour, sour cream, and chopped white chocolate.
- Continue beating until blended.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Filling: Combine brown sugar, white chips, and almonds.
- Mix well.
- Carefully spread over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake 1 hr to 1hr and 10 min or until golden brown and done in middle.
- Set cake on a rack to cool for 15 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.
- Sift powdered sugar over top.
- Serve warm or at warm temperature.
Sooo good, rich and yummy! The fact that it's also very quick to throw together is a nice bonus! For me, the filling did travel through the cake during baking and ended up almost at the top (of the inverted cake, that is!) - not sure why or if this is something you can expect to happen, but the next time I'll still reserve just enough batter to cover the topping. This minor detail doesn't change the fact that the cake is delish! Thanks for sharing!