Top Review by karen in tbay
Good! Very easy and basic. I did not use the breadcrumbs. Instead of heavy cream I used 1 cup evaporated milk and 1 cup milk. Did not have fresh parsley on hand only dried.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup white breadcrumb
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- Cook past until al dente, 10-12 minutes; drain.
- Meantime, heat butter in small saucepan.
- Add bread crumbs; cook stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Combine macaroni, cream and mustard in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add cheese; stir to melt.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place macaroni in serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs and chopped parsley.