Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Versitile cake recipe
- 2 2⁄3 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & Flour the bottom & sides of 3 round 9 x 1 1/2inch pans.
- In seperate medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Then set aside. In a large seperate mixing bowl with an eletric mixer cream the softened unsalted butter & sugar together on high until light & fluffy. Scrape down the sides often. Reduce speed to low. Alternately add the flour mixture, milk, vanilla & egg yolks. Mix well between each addition. Scrape down sides often. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then remove from the pans & place on wire cooling rack. Completely cool cakes.
- You may slice each cake horizontally in half & fill with your favorite choice of filling. Replace top layer. Repeat with each layer & stack onto of each other. then you can frost & decorate as you wish.