Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The canned beans make this an especially easy last-minute side dish. I also like it as a light lunch (with a salad and crusty bread).
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or 3 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the parsley.
- Gently heat until bubbling.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the parsley.
One of our local "specialty" restaraunts mashes something like this recipe and serves as a bruschetta-Will have to try and let ya know!!!
Easy to make and tastes great!
Loved the simplicity and went so well with our ribs and kraut dish.