- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 (400 g) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 liter chicken stock (4 cups)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g pancetta, cut into thin strips, pan-fried to crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and bay leaves-cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the beans and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and puree the soup (in a food processor or with a stick blender) until smooth.
- Serve in soup bowls drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with the crispy pancetta.