Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 (425 g) cans cannellini beans (you can use any white beans you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Drain and rinse beans. Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan of water; boil, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine oils, rosemary and garlic in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until garlic just begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stand 10 minutes to allow flavours to infuse into oil. Discard rosemary; remove garlic; reserve if desired.
- Place beans in a blender. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to beans if desired. Pulse beans (and garlic if using) with half of the oil until starting to blend easily. Add remaining oil in a steady stream until all incorporated and mixture is very smooth.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste. If bean puree is too thick; add a little water to thin to desired consistency.