Warm Chicken and White Bean Salad (Diabetic)
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (used to flavor pan)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup sliced roasted red pepper, from jar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini or (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add crushed garlic and saute 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the skillet and discard.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes. Add chicken cubes and saute 2 minutes. Add peppers, onions, and beans and cook 2 minutes. Add vinegar and pesto and heat thoroughly. Serve salad over lettuce. Garnish with walnuts if desired.
- Exchanges: 1-1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I adore salads like this! Having the toppings warm added greatly to the assortment of flavors that danced around in this salad. I also left the garlic in (too good to toss!) and roasted my own peppers. We will enjoy this often and I can see using different veggies and beans to mix it up, as to what's on hand or in the fridge. Thanks Annacia!