Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw this together last night, and it was so good, I wanted to post it for safe keeping. I used homemade pesto, which I freeze in an ice cube tray (2 cubes). I also used one package of Trader Joes pepper and onion chicken sausage, but any variety would work.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannelini)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- In a 3-4 qt pot, saute the onion and carrot in a little olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sausage and brown a bit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (no need to drain the beans unless you'd prefer it that way).
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Hubby wanted pasta and Miss 4 yo DD wanted soup so I adapted this to make both. The soup I pureed at princesses request and it was lovely, she ate it all up. The pasta portion I added cream to make a lovely basil cream pasta sauce. This is a great recipe easily done with staple ingredients found in my fridge and pantry. Thanks for posting!