Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sometimes simplicity is best. This is a wonderful spring dish.
- 453.59 g white asparagus (ends trimmed or snapped and ends pared,if desired)
- 226.79 g chanterelle mushroom, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 59.16 ml butter
- boil asparagus on stovetop for 5 minutes, or microwave for 1 minute.
- in large saute pan melt 3 tbsp butter.
- add shallots, saute 2 minutes.
- add mushrooms, saute 3 minutes.
- melt in additional butter, add asparagus, toss to coat.
- sprinkle with lemon juice, season to taste with s&p, serve.
What's in a name? I couldn't find any white asparagus, so I used some fresh green stalks. No one has heard of a chanterelle in this country outside of culinary school, so I used a mix of wild and champignon. Shallots are also hard to come by, so I used half an onion. In spite of all these substitutions, this was totally yummy! The recipe is for 4, and the two of us only managed to eat half of it, so I had the rest this morning in an omelette, it's a fantastic filling. With a fresh glass of juice and the morning paper, the day could not start out any better!
Oh wow! This was amazing. Even though I only used button mushrooms, it was still one of the best side dishes I have ever had. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
White asparagus are special and very difficult to get where I live so I am glad that I chose your recipe Chia - it was perfect. I couldn't get Chanterelles so used regular mushrooms. The recipe is very easy to make. I steamed the asparagus for 3 minutes before finishing them on the pan with the shallot and the touch of lemon juice Mmmm Served with Marsalad chicken - It was a gourmet meal Thanks Chis for posting