Recipe by chia
Sometimes simplicity is best. This is a wonderful spring dish.
Top Review by Mirj
What's in a name? I couldn't find any white asparagus, so I used some fresh green stalks. No one has heard of a chanterelle in this country outside of culinary school, so I used a mix of wild and champignon. Shallots are also hard to come by, so I used half an onion. In spite of all these substitutions, this was totally yummy! The recipe is for 4, and the two of us only managed to eat half of it, so I had the rest this morning in an omelette, it's a fantastic filling. With a fresh glass of juice and the morning paper, the day could not start out any better!
- 1 lb white asparagus (ends trimmed or snapped and ends pared,if desired)
- 1⁄2 lb chanterelle mushroom, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- boil asparagus on stovetop for 5 minutes, or microwave for 1 minute.
- in large saute pan melt 3 tbsp butter.
- add shallots, saute 2 minutes.
- add mushrooms, saute 3 minutes.
- melt in additional butter, add asparagus, toss to coat.
- sprinkle with lemon juice, season to taste with s&p, serve.