Recipe by Peggy V.
This impressive creamy cheesecake will pleasantly surprise your guests when they realize this traditional dessert is easily turned into a flavorful Mexican inspired appetizer!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups light sour cream, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese; beat until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup sour cream and taco seasoning. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Fold in chilies. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is firm. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining sour cream over the top of cake; return to oven for another 5 minutes. Cool completely. Refrigerate, covered. Just before serving, top with your favorite salsa. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.