Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips or 1 bag corn chips
- Brown meat and drain, then add tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Combine egg and cottage cheese mixing well.
- Then add to the meat sauce mixing well.
- In a 9 x 9 or 9 x 13 casserole dish lightly greased, spread 1/2 of the sauce mix in the dish then top with 4 ozs.
- of monterey jack and 4 ozs.
- of cheddar cheese and put 1/2 of the chips.
- Then repeat the layer except put the remaining cheese on top instead of the chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.