Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
This was so good.
Make and share this Western Beans 'N' Franks recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans according to directions.
- Add salt and simmer 1 hour.
- Saute bacon.
- Drain beans, reserving bean liquid.
- In bean pot or deep casserole, combine beans with sauteed bacon, onion, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, cloves, orange peel, diced orange and 1 1/2 cups reserved bean liquid.
- Cover and bake in a 325-degree oven 3 to 4 hours.
- Arrange frankfurters in beans.
- Bake, uncovered, 1/2 hour longer, adding more reserved bean liquid if necessary.
- Garnish with orange wedges.