Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve as a dessert or appetizer. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
Make and share this West African Tropical Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups 1/2 inch cubed fresh pineapple or 4 cups canned pineapple
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and divided into sections
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bananas, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Combine fruits in a bowl.
- Combine lime juice and brown sugar and add to fruits; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
I left out the bananas and mangoes as I didn't have any and liked the toasted coconut in this the second day after it had picked up some juice and become a bit moist. So if I make this again I would add the coconut on top prior to serving time.
Delicious salad. I made as directed, but halved the recipe, using fresh pineapple and sweetened coconut. I did toss the banana in extra lime juice prior to mixing to ensure it didn't turn brown (but I'm a little paranoid about that :) ). Thanks for posting!
Absolutely delicious! We had this with grilled chicken and Cajun Sweet Potatoes Cajun Sweet Potatoes for a wonderful end-of-summer supper! Thanks for sharing!