1/5 Photos of Wendy's Spicy Chicken Fillet Sandwich by Todd Wilbur
Kris B.'s Note:
A copy of the popular sandwich from Wendy's. The recipe comes from www.topsecretrecipes.com, and was created by Todd Wilbur. It can also be found in his book "Even More Top Secret Recipes." To make this a little healthier, just broil the sandwiches in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml frank's original red hot pepper sauce
- 158.51 ml water
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml salt
- 19.71 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 plain hamburger buns
- 39.43 ml mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 1Preheat 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the pepper sauce and water in a small bowl.
- 3Combine the flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, paprika and garlic powder in another shallow bowl.
- 4Pound each of the chicken pieces with a mallet until about 3/8-inch thick. Trim each breast fillet if necessary to help it fit on the bun.
- 5Working with one fillet at a time, coat each piece with the flour, then dredge it in the diluted pepper sauce. Coat the chicken once again in the flour mixture and set it aside until the rest of the chicken is coated.
- 6Fry the chicken fillets for 8 to 12 minutes or until they are light brown and crispy. Remove the chicken to a rack or to paper towels to drain.
- 7As chicken is frying, prepare each sandwich by grilling the face of the hamburger buns on a hot skillet over medium heat. Spread about 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on the face of each of the inverted top buns.
- 8Place a tomato slice onto the mayonnaise, then stack a leaf of lettuce on top of the tomato.
- 9On each of the bottom buns, stack one piece of chicken.
- 10Flip the top half of each sandwich onto the bottom half and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wendy's Spicy Chicken Fillet Sandwich by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3182.2
- Calories from Fat 2996
- Total Fat 332.9 g
- Saturated Fat 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 2243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets