Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is the Top Secret Recipes version of Wendy's chili. I never really liked beans in my chili until I tried this recipe. I love it because it is so hardy. We sometimes serve it with cheese, onions and fritos.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef or 2 lbs chili-style ground beef
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes or 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 29 ounces black beans, with liquid
- 29 ounces chili beans or 29 ounces pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- Combine meat,onion, celery, tomatoes (fresh), cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and cook until meat is done.
- Add beans with liquid, crushed tomatoes, green chiles and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med/low, stirring often for 1 hour.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and fresh onion if desired.
Sorry, cannot review. No cooking instructions other than combining ingredients. I would have like to have tried this but without instructions no point in trying. Looked good but....Thanks for posting though. If you revise this I'd love to try it. Thanks
Although this tasted somewhat like Wendy's Beef & Bean Chili, we thought it a tad blander than their's. That is the reason for the loss of a star. However, if you wanted to feed kids, this would probably satisfy there taste. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Chef #547234. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.