Recipe by kevjenn
This is the Top Secret Recipes version of Wendy's chili. I never really liked beans in my chili until I tried this recipe. I love it because it is so hardy. We sometimes serve it with cheese, onions and fritos.
Top Review by nina22541
Sorry, cannot review. No cooking instructions other than combining ingredients. I would have like to have tried this but without instructions no point in trying. Looked good but....Thanks for posting though. If you revise this I'd love to try it. Thanks
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef or 2 lbs chili-style ground beef
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes or 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 29 ounces black beans, with liquid
- 29 ounces chili beans or 29 ounces pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat,onion, celery, tomatoes (fresh), cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and cook until meat is done.
- Add beans with liquid, crushed tomatoes, green chiles and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med/low, stirring often for 1 hour.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and fresh onion if desired.