1/2 Photos of Welsh Rarebit Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
Makes 1 1/2lb loaf. Found this in my recipe book: Better Homes and Gardens Best Bread Machine Recipes. Looked for something savory to make this morning and its sooo good! I only had medium cheddar and can't wait to use sharp cheddar!! Went great for soaking up garlic butter pasta juices and doesn't even need mayo or cheese for a great ham sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons margarine, butter or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1select loaf size on bread machine.
- 2add ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 3select the basic white bread cycle.
- 4note: I used the "dough" cycle only, put dough in regular bread pan and baked at 350 degrees in oven for 30-35 minutes. (Used 2 tsp of veg oil, garlic flavored worcestershire and garlic salt in place of plain worcestershire and plain salt.).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Welsh Rarebit Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 554.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g