Who knew pineapple was the secret ingredient in delicious baked beans. Wow. I did not miss the bacon at all. Terrific make-again recipe. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 12 ounces pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained juice, packed)
- parsley, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 40.
- 2In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot but not smoking.
- 3Add the onion and garlic, and cook stirring until the onion is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the tomato sauce, molasses, mustard, and vinegar.
- 5Sprinkle on the brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- 6Stir in the beans and pineapple.
- 7Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
- 9Serve the beans garnished with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Sweet-And-Sour Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: