Recipe by AmyZoe
Who knew pineapple was the secret ingredient in delicious baked beans. Wow. I did not miss the bacon at all. Terrific make-again recipe. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 12 ounces pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained juice, packed)
- parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 40.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook stirring until the onion is browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the tomato sauce, molasses, mustard, and vinegar.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the beans and pineapple.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
- Serve the beans garnished with parsley, if desired.