Well I finally got around to making this delicious dessert and it is truly wonderful. This makes a fall dessert that can enjoyed without the added guilt.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, unpacked or 1⁄4 Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 8 tablespoons light whipped topping
- 1⁄2 medium orange, cut into 8 thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, milk orange juice and egg substitute; divide among eight 6-oz custard cups.
- Place the filled custard cups in a high-rimmed roasting pan and pour boiling water around them to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake until firm around the edges and slightly puffed, approximately 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove cups from water, cool completely, cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, top each serving with a tablespoon of whipped topping and an orange wedge.