Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy vegetarian recipe that is tasty too. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Fast and Fabulous Cookbook. Feel free to substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 59.14 ml carrot, diced
- 59.14 ml celery, diced
- 170.09 g potatoes, pared and sliced
- 236.59 ml green cabbage, shredded
- 177.44 ml water
- 118.29 ml crushed tomatoes
- 13.89 g packet instant chicken-flavored broth
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.25 ml thyme leaves
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- In 1-quart saucepan heat butter over medium heat until bubbly and hot.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and let simmer stirring occasionally, until vegetables and potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pour mixture into work bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat.