Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I found on the weight watchers site original poster ESTIMATED 7 points per serving for this dish I do not claim this is accurate I only posted this recipe because it sounds good and is a slimmed down version.
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix (Old El Paso)
- 15 ounces fat-free refried beans (Old El Paso)
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 ounce white wine
- 8 ounces doritos baked corn tortilla chips
- 3⁄4 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Spray pan with vegetable spray and brown the ground turkey with the red onion until no longer pink. or saute onions until soft and add crumbles at end just to heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix turkey and onions, salsa, chili sauce, taco mix and a splash of Tabasco sauce. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, saute peppers in olive oil and wine. Set aside.
- Add a layer of the turkey mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish about a 1/4 inch thick. Then add a layer of Doritos. Add a layer of peppers on top of that. Then add a layer of turkey again, and another layer of Doritos. add refried beans on top of that. Add another layer of Doritos. Continue until done. Finishing with Doritos on top.
- Add a layer of cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents:) I just ran this recipe through the weight watchers recipe builder if you make it as is written this recipe is 6 points per serving. The fat free refried beans add 4 points to the whole casserole. This recipe sounds great and I can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting!
If you calculate the beans in this so called WW recipe it comes out to 16 points per serving!!!! I don't think these recipes should be allowed to be called WW recipes.