Weight Watchers Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My version of Italian comfort food.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 eggplant, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 2 cups reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- Saute turkey with feneel seeds, salt & pepper.
- Add onion and continue to saute until tender.
- Add garlic and tomato paste.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and torn basil.
- Slice eggplant and place on baking sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Spray top of eggplant and season with salt & pepper.
- Bake eggplant at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Mix cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg beaters, carrot, zucchini, splnach, garlic salt and nutmeg together.
- Build lasagna.
- Put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Top with 1/3 of sauce.
- Top with 1/2 cheese mixture.
- Top with eggplant "noodles".
- Top with 1/3 sauce.
- Top with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Place remaining 4 lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with remaining sauce.
- Cover all with italian cheese blend.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 for 1 hour.
- Uncover for last 15 minutes to brown cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION