Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email this morning from a Weight Watchers leader by the name of Cheri Ann Blessum. There were actually 3 recipes. This is one of them: "These are the recipes we sampled at our Grand Opening...Linda made the Cheesy Chili Mac & added some garlic powder & cumin so feel free to spice it up however you like. Enjoy--Cherie"
Top Review by cameronsmom08
I've made this several times and it is really good. Plus, I love that its quick to make! It is a perfect dish for when you're running behind or when you need something with minimal ingredients.
- 2⁄3 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (31 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat. Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes including juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup of chili and 1 tablespoon of cheese per serving.