Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely easy chocolate slice that the kids love is cheap to make and can be modified to be white or brown choc flavored. YUMMY. This is my kids favorite.
- 2 Weet-Bix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 ounces butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sultana
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Crumble the weetbix into a medium sized bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and rest of dry ingredients to weetbix and mix with wooden spoon.
- Melt butter and add to dry mix then mix well.
- Press into greased lamington/slice tin.
- Bake at 180c for 15mins.
- Combine icing sugar and cocoa in bowl.
- Add butter slivers to top of icing
- Pour small ammounts of boiling water over butter (approx 2 tablespoons)and beat with a table knife till no lumps remain. If too runny add more icing sugar. If too dry add more boiling water.
- Pour icing over slice while still warm and sprinkle coconut over top.
- Cut while still warm.
This is one of my old favourites from when I was at school. Been looking for the recipe and so glad that I found it again. Now just have to find some weetbix or a good substitute.
my kids love this too :)
i am ana american now living in new zealand... so i know what weetbix is. but we dont have those at home so to clarify for all my fellow american just use shredded wheet instaed of weetbix. great recipie, fast, easy, cheap. i left out the coconut and it was still great. i supose you could add tons of different things though... butterscot chips next time i think