Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick comforting bread that goes well with pasta or soups. I'm not sure of the size of the spinach but it's just a small box of frozen spinach.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf french crusty bread
- Halve the bread and set aside.
- Steam the spinach until moisture is gone or squeeze after thawing.
- Mix mayo, garlic, parmesan, and spinach.
- Spread onto bread halves and broil for 5 min or less if your broiler is extra hot.
We loved this great bread! I used fresh spinach and microwaved it for about 3 minutes to wilt it. I used lowfat mayo with good results. Great hearty accompaniment for a bowl of soup; I think cut into squares this would make a great appetizer too. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012