Cook2 hrs 45 mins
Warning: no FDA-approved antidote yet exists
Make and share this Weapon of Mass Destruction Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup soaked pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 lb boneless pork, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1⁄3 lb stew meat, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno peppers or 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tortilla flour, mixed in water to form a paste
- Combine water and beans in medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil or drippings in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the pork and beef to the same skillet; brown well.
- Stir the meat into the vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- Add the beans and their liquid along with the tomatoes and seasonings.
- Mix well, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the wine and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If the mixture is too liquid, stir in some of the tortilla flour paste to thicken.