1/1 Photo of Weapon of Mass Destruction Chili
3 hrs 5 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
Warning: no FDA-approved antidote yet exists
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soaked pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 lb boneless pork, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1/3 lb stew meat, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno peppers or 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tortilla flour, mixed in water to form a paste
- 1Combine water and beans in medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Heat the oil or drippings in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic; sauté until tender.
- 5Transfer to a Dutch oven and set aside.
- 6Add the pork and beef to the same skillet; brown well.
- 7Stir the meat into the vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- 8Add the beans and their liquid along with the tomatoes and seasonings.
- 9Mix well, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 10Add the wine and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12If the mixture is too liquid, stir in some of the tortilla flour paste to thicken.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weapon of Mass Destruction Chili
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: