Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't be afraid of the raw jalapeno - the lime juice tames it and makes it mild.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch lime zest
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup basil (or Thai basil)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together lime juice, oil and lime zest. Set aside.
- Place frozen watermelon cubes in single layer in large shallow dish. Pour lime juice mixture over watermelon, and gently toss to combine. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place 5 jalapeño rings each in 4 shallow serving bowls. Mound 1/2 cup watermelon in center of each bowl. Divide marinade among bowls. Sprinkle with basil, sesame seeds and salt, and serve.
This was a cool and delicious side dish! I wouldn't change a thing in here but wouldn't bother deseeding the jalapeno because more heat would have been great - but I like heat! Made for my fellow Chef Gone Wild for ZWT8. Thanks Melanie D! :)