Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great recipe for those times when you pay a lot for a watermelon, cut it open and find that it is not that great. As long as the texture is good, even if the flavor is lacking it can be salvaged with this recipe. I made this up, as far as I know and I am the only one who will eat it this way...also that I know of! Amounts depend on how much you can salvage, and you need to play around with the amount of ingredients so it tastes good to you. Feel free to use any vinegar you like; there are lot of flavored vinegars out there.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, etc
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 sprig fresh basil (whichever you have) (optional) or 1 sprig of fresh mint (whichever you have) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let rest in fridge for 20 minutes, bring to room temperature (or leave cold if it is a super hot day) and serve.