Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the diabetic website good eating good living.com.
Make and share this Watermelon Fruit Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
- Add fruits; stir until well blended.
- Spoon into Watermelon Bowl.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Watermelon Bowl
- Select a large round watermelon (12 to 14 lb.). Cut off a thin slice from bottom of melon. Cut off top 1/3 of melon. Use sharp knife to scallop edge of larger piece of melon, if desired. Scoop out fruit from both pieces with melon baller. Invert watermelon shell on paper towels; let stand to drain excess juices before filling with fruited gelatin. Mix desired amount of watermelon with other fruits before adding to gelatin as directed. Reserve remaining watermelon for snacking or another use.
- Prepare as directed, using your favorite flavor of regular JELL-O Brand Gelatin.