Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is one of many recipes I have gotten out of a Grill Masters cook book. Some of them I have tried and some are still on my list to try. But all of them sound very yummy.
- 6 lbs seedless watermelon, cubed
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place the watermelon in a pot and cook it over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce. (about 2 hours).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.