Recipe by dale!
I love the flavours of watermelon and lime and this makes a very cool and refreshing treat in the summer months.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
I knew I would love this-anything w/ lime and you can't go wrong w/ watermelon-DELICIOUS-and very refreshing-especially after a spicy meal!!! Thank you, dale, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (or other fine sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime rind (finely grated)
- 7 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil.
- Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is syrupy.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and rind (zest) and allow to cool.
- Puree the watermelon in a blender or processor until smooth.
- You may need to do it in batches.
- Transfer the watermelon puree to a bowl and stir in the lime syrup.
- Pour into a shallow metal pan (such as a cake tin).
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, separating and stirring with a fork every half an hour, until the mixture is like shaved ice consistancy.
- For a nice presentation serve in martini glasses and garnish with lime slices.