Recipe by sage, rosemary, and tyme
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Yield: 4 servings
Top Review by mitibran
I've made it several times and it is a great summer dish. Very refreshing. I add a little more ammeretto, but otherwise the same. I have also halved the recipe for just a small family dinner and still have plenty for left overs.
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Amaretto
- 2 cups watermelon balls, from about half a watermelon
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls, from about 1 cantaloupe
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine mint, lemon juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and the cantaloupe. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Take pan off heat and cool the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator.