1/1 Photo of Wasabi Potato Gratin
This is a Ben O'Donoghue recipe I found in the paper. The combination of potatoes, cream and wasabi work really well together. So easy and quick to prepare and serve as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 180°C Thinly slice the peeled potatoes by hand or using a mandoline, (about 2-3mm, ensuring they are as even as possible as this will help them to cook at the same time) and wash potatoes well in cold water.
- 2Grease the surface of a round or oval baking dish with soft butter and then rub with sliced garlic. Leave the garlic scattered in the dish.
- 3Combine the milk, cream and wasabi paste and season well.
- 4Arrange the sliced and washed potatoes in a single layer around the baking dish and then pour over the cream and milk mixture.
- 5Place into a preheated oven for 20 minutes until nicely browned on top and the potatoes are cooked, the cream and milk reduced until thick and creamy.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wasabi Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: