1 hr 40 mins
This is a recipe I found on "Miso Vegan". Scrumptious! I skip soaking the rice over night. I usually just soak it for an hour or two if I have the time. The lemon zest, balsamic and garlic in this salad is such a nice undertone to the sweet dried fruit! Especially the currants!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml wild rice
- 591.47 ml water or 591.47 ml vegetable broth
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml grated lemon zest
- 236.59 ml dried fruit (cherries, diced apricots, or cranberries)
- 236.59 ml dried currant
- 236.59 ml toasted walnuts, chopped
- 44.37 ml finely chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Soak wild rice in a bowl of water overnight.
- 2Rinse and place rice in a medium-sized pot with water or broth.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- 7Add rice and toss to coat.
- 8Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 9From recipe creator - If making ahead, reheat rice salad on the stove top or bake at 350 degrees F. in a covered casserole dish for 20 minutes. (untried by me as of yet).
- 10*Cook’s note: For best results, soak dried fruit in hot water or warm juice for 15 minutes or more to rehydrate slightly and give the fruit a juicier, chewy texture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Wild Rice Salad With Dried Fruit and Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g