Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Everyday Food, haven't yet tried it, but I think it would be nice to add some fresh parsley.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Very good and easy meal to prepare. Followed recipe except when i went to dice the red pepper i found it not to be fresh so i had to sub with sun dried tomatoes which i am sure altered the taste but i know did not break the recipe. Definitly wait to salt the dish as i think it has such good flavor and with the addition of the lemon you wont need the salt. Served this over a toasted piece of garlic bread...delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan heat oil over med. Add onion and carrots, cook, stirring frequently til onion is lightly browned, about 5 minute Add bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frquently til pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans, lemon zest and 1 c water, and season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat simmer, covered until beans have absorbed most of the liquid, about 10 minute Stir in lemon juice and season.