Recipe by Tish
In the mood for something fresh and tingly! Try this salad. You can use half the butter and get a still quite delicious salad
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 nectarines, halved and cut into thin slices,plus 1 sliced nectarine for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar and the chopped nectarines in a small saucepan and cook over very low heat for about 2 hours, or until the fruit is softened and combined.
- Keep warm When the vinaigrette is done, prepare the salad.
- Tear the spinach into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a small saute pan and add 1 Tbs of butter.
- Saute the shallot in the butter until softened.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and cook over moderater heat until reduced to half.
- Add the nectarines and remaining butter.
- Stir with a whisk to emulsify.
- Season with salt and pepper In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach with the warm vinaigrette.
- Spinach should wilt slightly.
- Divid into 4 portions and garnish with nectarine slices.