1/1 Photo of Warm Sour Apple and Buttermilk Torte
1 hr 25 mins
A great combination of crisp tart Granny Smith apples and a rich yet fluffy cake that has a crunchy texture. From SELF magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*. Coat 9" cake pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 2Beat butter and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in another 1/3 cup sugar.
- 3Add buttermilk, then egg whites one at a time, beating well.
- 4In another bowl, mix flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Add to butter mixture along with vanilla; mix.
- 5Pour into pan; arrange apples close together in a spiral on top. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs sugar; bake 45-55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Sour Apple and Buttermilk Torte
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g