- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes in the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and oven bake for about 40 minutes or until tender and golden. Turn a couple of times.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine sour cream, chili sauce and green onions: pour over the potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
This is absolutely delicious. So good, in fact, that I've made it twice in one week! The first time, we made it exactly as written. The second time we were in a hurry, so just cut the potatoes in chunks, boiled them and cooled them just a little. I mixed all the rest of the ingredients (except green onions, we were out) and tossed with the room temp potatoes. My gosh, it is still delicious!!! And easy... Oh, and we go a bit heavier with the sweet chili sauce. Yum.
Great recipe. :) I didn't have the tiny potatoes, so I cut up a few russets and followed the recipe from that point. The green onions were the pits, so added chopped celery and some finely diced sweet onion. I had made it the day before serving, but sampled it warm. I had to stop myself or there wouldn't have been any left for company. Thanks Jan for another delighful recipe. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #36
This is well worthy of 5 stars, we really loved it. I had no small thin-skinned potatoes so I simply peeled and quartered regular potatoes and cooked them as specified. I did add a wee bit more Thai Sweet Chili to taste but otherwise follwed the recipe. I wished I had made more, it went quickly! As a side note, this is also very, very good cold! Thanks for a great new recipe Jan :) Made for Aussie Swap.