1/3 Photos of Warm Potato Salad, Low Fat
Dietitian's tip: A mixture of smooth and whole-grain mustards forms the base for vinaigrette much lighter than traditional mayonnaise dressings. This salad is most flavorful when served warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 "healthy" (read: really small) servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small potato (red or white new, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Drain and let stand until just cool enough to handle.
- 3Cut each potato in half (or quarters, if the potatoes are large) and place in a warmed serving dish.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the mustards, the vinegars and the shallot until well blended.
- 5While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make a thick dressing.
- 6Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes, mix gently and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Potato Salad, Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g