Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe came from Harper's Restaraunt in Charlotte, N.C. I got it out of a Good Housekeeping magazine and tweaked it just a bit. Enjoy!
Top Review by tarheelfan50
YUM! Made this for a cook-out and everyone loved it, even the kids! Served it with Tostitos scoops. I've been making a pimento cheese that is chilled for years so this warm version is nice change. Very tasty.
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jarwhole pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, shred cheddar cheese until just broken up, not too much.
- Add pimientos to bowl, and remaining ingredients; pulse just until mixture is blended and cheese is still slightly coarse.
- Heat cheese mixture in microwave proof bowl in microwave on high 2 minutes or until cheese is mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Or heat in smalll saucepan on stovetop on medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is mostly melted.