Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe came from Harper's Restaraunt in Charlotte, N.C. I got it out of a Good Housekeeping magazine and tweaked it just a bit. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jarwhole pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt, to taste
- In a food processor, shred cheddar cheese until just broken up, not too much.
- Add pimientos to bowl, and remaining ingredients; pulse just until mixture is blended and cheese is still slightly coarse.
- Heat cheese mixture in microwave proof bowl in microwave on high 2 minutes or until cheese is mostly melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Or heat in smalll saucepan on stovetop on medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is mostly melted.
YUM! Made this for a cook-out and everyone loved it, even the kids! Served it with Tostitos scoops. I've been making a pimento cheese that is chilled for years so this warm version is nice change. Very tasty.
Had this dip and some chips for one of our appetizers for the Superbowl Party we had this year. I usually use mild cheddar cheese in dips but went ahead with extra sharp. Its alittle strong tasteing to me but thats cause I am used to mild cheeses. We still enjoyed it though! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Very nice and simple to put together. I made it twice, I messed up the first time because I put it in the oven and it seperated..I should have stuck to the instructions given by the chef! Seved it with nachos.